At the "Releases" submenu you can manage the game releases once the basic parameters are configured, the login system is integrated, the payments are integrated (only for games that feature in-game payments) and the game is approved by IDC Games. To obtain the approval please send an email to email@example.com asking for revision. IDC Games will send you an email when the game is approved for release.
Where to edit
At the left menu, click on Releases and select the game you wish to release.
You can also go to Games Board, select the game, click on Game Actions, and then on Release at the drop list.
"Release Management" window
At the game you wish to release, click on the "Add Release" button.
Now you will see the Release Management window:
Fill in the parameters:
- Name: insert a name for the release. A descriptive word and number of the version is recommenended, "Beta 1.0.", for example.
- Create a copy of: select an existing version from the drop list if you wish to copy the parameters of a previous release. Turn the "Replacing" checkbox on to replace the selected release with the current release.
Click on the "Submit" button to submit the release. You will be directed to the "Release Management" window again.
Click on the "Edit" button at the "Release Management" window, and then on "Config".
Fill in the parameters:
- Systems: select the OS you wish to make your release available to by clicking on the its checkbox.
- Redistributables: select the redistributables by clicking on the pertinent checkboxes.
- Registry: Click on "Add new" and fill in the form:
- Path: Insert the path for the registry
- Type: Insert the type of system
- Name: Insert the name of the registry
- Type: Insert the type of registry
- Data: Insert the data for the registry
- DLLs: Click on "Add new" and fill in the form:
- Name: Insert the name of the DLL
- Path: Insert the path for the DLL
- Redist: Click on "Add new" and fill in the form:
- Name: Insert the name of the redistributable
- Path: Insert the path for the redistributable
When you finish, click on the "Save Changes" button and continue down to the FTP configuration.
There are 3 types of FTPs: Common, Uncommon and Redist. Insert the parameters for the FTP that best suits you and click on the "Request for Access" button. You will then receive an email with the credentials to configure the FTP access: server, username and password.
Configure your FTP acccess upon these credentials and upload the required files (Game) to the server.
Once you have uploaded your game files to the server/s, go to "Releases", select the game, and click on "Edit" button> "Main".
You are now at the "Update release" window:
Parameters of the form, to finish the configuration of the launcher and servers:
- Name: if necessary, change here the name of your release.
- EXE: insert the game's .exe file path. Example: "/Game.exe". We recommend no spaces; but if your exe file has spaces in the name do as follows: "/Game Game.exe".
- Splash: enter the splash image URL or select the file to upload it. Recommended size: 843x414 px.
- ICO: square image file, admits transparency, must have .ico extension.
When you finish, click on the "Submit" button to save the changes. Then enter the main launcher info again by clicking on "Edit" button> "Main", and then click on the "Publish" button. This will make the sync between servers (MANDATORY).
Copy JSON URL
Click on "Edit" button> "Copy JSON URL" to paste the URL into a browser and test the release at the launcher in developer mode.
To activate a developer mode to test the release prior to making it public, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for the activation.
Click on the "Activate" button at the "Release Management" window to go live with the release.
Manage releases of published games
For an easy management of new releases thorough API and DLL, check the documentation at 4. API Guide > Releases workflow